Rules of da blog

I do have a few rules-Feel free to leave comments but keep 'em clean.My opinions and your opinions are just that-opinions and nothing more.You can voice yours,I can voice mine-we can agree or we can agree to disagree,just keep it clean.

Monday, October 15, 2007

A True Fan!

First of all,I would like to apologize for not blogging in awhile.My family and I have been through some stressful situations that just made me want to sit back and think about some things that I just havent given much concern to before.Now with that said.....

How about those billies?Could it be a repeat of the 1994 season?I mean they are 4-0 in conference play.The only game they lost was to Warren,but who doesnt lose to Warren?I feel like they[Monticello] will go undefeated in conference.The only test that thy have left is Pulaski Academy.Who could have imagined that they were picked to finish third but now [they] are leading the bracket.

There is another local team that is not having such luck,the Drew Central Pirates.This team has somewhat impressed me though.I mean they started out playing real poorly and all of a sudden they win two games.Their "NEVER DIE" attitude will get them far.This team will definitely be something to watch out for in the next couple of years.

And now to the Razorbacks.I have heard alot of people say "Nutt,we have a problem" or "Nuttin' like 0-2 conference."All I have to say about that is,GET OVER IT!!!!!
So what if we are 0-3 in conference? We lost 3 last year.What is the difference between losing 3 at the end of the season rather than at the beginning? Dont blame Houston Nutt for not calling the right plays; because I thought that was what they hired David Lee for. Houston has done a great job as head coach.Under him,we have won 3 conference titles,taken the hogs to a whole load of bowl games,granted, we didnt win them all but we still got there.Either youre a hog fan or your not!!But dont dare call yourself a hog fan, if all you can do is talk about what they are doing wrong.A true fan will praise these young players about what they did right and looks forward to the next game.Arkansas has played some very tough teams so far this year.Alabama,Auburn(who beat then number 2 ranking Florida) and of course,Kentucky. I am probably going to step on some toes here,but I cant say that I m not happy that Kentucky beat L.S.U.Sorry,L.S.U. fans.I mean, they are a good team but when I was watching them play Florida,I noticed how their coach was laughing and making fun of Florida's mistakes.What ever happened to good sportmanship? I will close on that note.....


Anyhow,on a much lighter note,I would like for everyone to wish my son good luck as he tests for his next belt in Taekwando.Good Luck Jaxen,daddy is behind you 100%!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you blogging again!

Two things... Go Bruins!!!! ;) I'm a P.A. graduate and unfortunately will be rooting for them when they face the Billies.

I am a huge supporter of the Razorback players, but I cannot agree with your assessment of Nutt. He needs to go.

Shelley said...

Houston needs to get outta town... A team is only as good as it's coach, and he AIN'T good.

Anonymous said...

i'm a huge billies fan, and glad to see they're exceeding expectations, but if they make the playoffs i dont see them going far. but we just keep showing up and rooting them on.

concerning LSU vs. FL... i'm not so sure that coach miles was laughing at and making fun of florida so much as he was just dumbfounded at how his team managed all those 4th down conversions and stuck around long enough to make an improbable comeback. its nearly impossible for any division 1 team to go undefeated... in the SEC it's even harder still. i was disappointed most of the weekend, but hey, its just a bunch of college kids playing a game when it's all said and done. sort of saw this coming after the ragged first half they had vs. tulane anyway. we'll see how the next few weeks play out...