Rules of da blog

I do have a few rules-Feel free to leave comments but keep 'em clean.My opinions and your opinions are just that-opinions and nothing more.You can voice yours,I can voice mine-we can agree or we can agree to disagree,just keep it clean.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

CAN YOU FEEL IT? CAN YOU SMELL IT?

I am referring to the adrenaline ,the sweet excitement of a friday night football game and then again,on Saturday,a college football game.Oh, what a rush!!!


The Monticello High School Billies will soon begin their season and I for one,feel like they will have a spectacular season.They have alot of sophmores that came off of an undefeated championship season in Junior Varsity, that undoubtedly make a big impact this year.


And I cannot post about the new football season without mentioning the brand new football team,The Drew Central Pirates.I have heard alot of good things about these guys.I won't name any names,yet,but I was told that these guys are learning fast and hitting hard.However,I dont feel like this young team will win very many games this year,even though they're just playing junior varsity teams during this first year.Now dont get me wrong,I am not trying to count them out,but they are a new,young team and alot of them have never even played football before.I would like to wish them a safe and wonderful season!!!


Last but NEVER least,my favorite team of all time,The Arkansas Razorbacks!!!There was alot fo controversy this past summer due to Mitch Mustain and Gus Malzahn leaving and because of someone not minding their own business[with Coach Nutt's cell phone records.]Hopefully,the Hogs will get back on track and bust off another 10 game wins this season,or 11 or more.
I know what I think and I know how I feel,I feel like Darren McFadden will win the Heisman since he is already the #1 running back in the nation.Now,I want to know what you think.Besides,DMac,who do YOU think? Cast your vote on the poll to the right.

And as always,every time the teams take the field,let's pray that they play a good game and that they come off of the field safe and injury free.

The first Hogs game of the season will be September 1,2007 vs. Troy at 6 p.m.

The first Pirates game in 57 years will take place August 30,2007 vs. Parkers Chapel

The first Billies game of the season will take place August 31,2007 vs.Hamburg,kickoff is at 7:00 p.m..

See you all at the games!!!!!

4 comments:

Mom of these kids said...

I didn't know Drew Central now has a football team...WOW!

Anonymous said...

very cool about the pirates!

oh, mitch mustain. casey dick is a bad word around this house. we were mitch fans last year. he was done wrong. wrong, i say!

widebody and i think that dmac has a good shot, but the whole team has to be good to get the attention and push him on through.

don't get me talkin' football. especially college - razorback - ball. i was raised on it, and am now married to as big a fan as my daddy!

(i keep forgettin' to link you, but it's comin', man!)

Anonymous said...

i dont suppose i'd have a problem with the hogs winning 11 this season.. as long as they get their 11 before they head to baton rouge, and they still only have 11 when they leave :-)

Anonymous said...

arrgh. i'm not on the Hog bandwagon really. I'm not a Nutt fan. However, I am excited about the Billies and the Pirates. Those will be two great teams to follow on all levels.